What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Mental Health & Wellbeing
The New Zealand Red Cross course, Mental Health & Wellbeing modules develop an understanding of mental health, mental distress and how it may affect you, your work colleagues and your family/whānau.
Why mental health matters!
Most of us want to feel good, function well and connect with others. Our health and how we feel is central to be able to cope with life and its pressures. Understanding and supporting those affected by mental distress is a central issue. To meet the ever-increasing needs of New Zealand, New Zealand Red Cross has developed the Mental Health & Wellbeing training programme.
Participants will gain a support process and practical skills of the Look, Listen, Link framework to help someone who may need mental wellbeing support.
The programme also provides organisations and teams with the tools to better identify, understand, and manage mental health issues in their workplace.
Participants will develop knowledge and gain confidence to help support colleagues, family/whānau who may be experiencing mental distress, and leave with tools to enable them to start to create a positive mental health environment in the workplace.
Anyone who may have a role in supporting staff, colleagues, community members or whānau, in particular:
- Front line, public facing staff
- Workplace managers and supervisors
- Health, safety and well-being teams
- Peer supporters
- Emergency management first responders
- Organisations and groups with psychosocial support responsibilities under NZ Civil Defence legislation.
What this 7 hour course covers
- Develop an understanding of mental health, mental distress and mental illness and how it affects family/whānau and work colleagues.
- Gain a support process and practical skills of the Look, Listen, Link framework to help someone who may need mental health support.
- Leave with tools to enable them to create a positive mental health environment in their workplace.