What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Comprehensive First Aid
- Cost: $225
- Duration: 12 hours (1.5 days)
Our most popular classroom based course – great for keeping you and the team safe in the workplace. You will cover all of the essentials and more. This course is the minimum requirement for high risk workplaces.
This course covers
• assessment of emergency situations
• adult, child and infant resuscitation and choking
• bleeding, shock, fractures, sprains and head injuries
• hypothermia, burns and poisoning
• medical emergencies, including asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
• how to manage complex medical and traumatic emergency care situations
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded a New Zealand Red Cross first aid certificate.
Time commitment: 12 hours classroom learning
Valid for: 2 Year(s)
NZQA Unit Standards: 06400, 06401, 06402
If supplied with a valid NZQA ID number, New Zealand Red Cross will lodge these credits for you on successful completion of the course.
This course also meets the Department of Labours - First Aid for Workplaces - A Good Practice Guide (September 2009) and all NZQA First Aid training requirements.Go back to courses