What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- 2011 Canterbury Earthquake 10-year Anniversary Survey: Understanding the Recovery Journey
- “Red Cross is always there”
- Visitor Care Manaaki Manuhiri: “The support removed my financial and mental stress”
- The perfect system
- Napier flood: Finding a warm, dry and safe place
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
First Aid training during COVID-19
We're committed to looking after you, while you learn how to look after others. Read what different COVID-19 Alert Levels mean for your First Aid training.
From Wednesday 12 August 2020, all of New Zealand is at COVID-19 Alert Level 2 and the Auckland region is at Level 3.
If you are in Auckland, stay home where possible, and follow Level 3 guidelines. For the rest of New Zealand, keep two metres distance, wash your hands frequently and stay at home and seek medical advice if you are unwell.
- There will be no classroom-based courses until Level 2 or lower is announced.
- If you were scheduled to attend a course during Level 2 or 3, you will be contacted to reschedule your training free of charge for a later date.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rest of New Zealand
- Physical distancing protocols will be in place at every First Aid training facility. These protocols will remain until Level 1 is announced.
- If you are feeling unwell, experiencing symptoms or don't know what to do, please email us at email@example.com or call 0800 RED CROSS. We are able to rebook your course for a later date.
Download the document below to find out more about our protocols for training during Level 2.