What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Administrator - Palmerston North | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrator to join our team in Palmerston North.
Palmerston North Based
Permanent - Full Time (37.5 Hrs/Week)
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to support our humanitarian work in Aotearoa by maximising efficiency and providing consistent administration support to our team.
You are guaranteed great workplace variety in this role. You may be supporting the recruitment of new volunteers one day, providing customer service to our business clients the next or welcoming new Kiwis locally on another day. You will be a consistent champion of continuous improvement and able to use the latest IT technologies, while being a humanitarian at heart.
You will have responsibility for (at least some of):
- Providing friendly customer service to clients, stakeholders and members of New Zealand Red Cross
- Conduct general administration tasks like data entry, invoicing, purchasing supplies or support with events and projects
- Support your manager with the coordination of local property or vehicular needs
- Champion use of, and train others in utilising, databases and systems
- Support with coordinating and collecting information for monitoring and evaluating our humanitarian impact
- Support the recruitment of new volunteers for our humanitarian programmes
- Regularly improve local systems and processes to a best practice standard
You will have (at least some of) these strengths listed below:
- Be empathetic, have a strong passion for humanitarian causes and a commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Demonstrated people skills including good communication with individuals, groups and people from diverse backgrounds
- Personal resilience and self-awareness, with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Organised and motivated self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word
- Experience in utilising CRM type databases
About New Zealand Red Cross and our culture:
We have begun a journey towards delivering stronger community impact with our new 10-year strategy (Strategy 2030). Our administrator roles are crucial to supporting local teams to achieve that. As our administrator, you will need to provide high quality customer service internally and externally, juggle multiple priorities in a single day and be calm under pressure. You will excel in this role if you can be a champion for change and support our teams in adapting to the latest systems or trends.
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We play a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas.
We are an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 500 plus staff. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Benefits you can expect:
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided including professional development opportunities
- Become part of a passionate local team of colleagues
- Enjoy working for a well-respected humanitarian organisation
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online.
Applications close 5pm, 19 April 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Antoinette Stratford at mobile: 0276 292 919.APPLY NOW