What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Client Services Team Leader and Social Worker
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker who has proven team leadership experience to join our Pathways to Settlement programme in Invercargill.
Client Services Team Leader and Social Worker (Invercargill)
- Permanent, full time position
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
The purpose of the client services team leader is to provide direct management to social workers, resettlement case workers and cross cultural workers, oversee provision of client services and ensure safe practice.
The client services team leader contributes to development of social work and resettlement work within the agency. The client services team leader is responsible for building and maintaining networks with service providers in the community sector and ensuring referral routes into mainstream service providers.
In this role you will:
- Actively participate in the wider Red Cross team
- Provide leadership and line management to the team of resettlement case workers, social workers and cross cultural workers
- Provide advice and leadership for complex casework
- Liaise with Mangere agencies in preparation for receiving new arrivals into the community
- Contribute to the ongoing development of resettlement work and social work in NZRC
- Carry a caseload of former refugee clients, assisting them to develop and achieve their settlement plans, including undertaking regular home visits
- Provide public education and raise awareness with local mainstream service providers on best practice work with refugee clients
- Establish effective networks and collaborative partnerships with local service providers to obtain full access to mainstream services for refugee clients
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A tertiary social work qualification
- Full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board with a current practicing certificate
- A recognised qualification in professional supervision or study towards it is preferred
- In-depth experience in service delivery and direct client contact with families and individuals from a different cultural background
- Proven relationship development skills
- A good knowledge of the Invercargill social service sector
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross on 027 512 1781.
Applications close: 30 Oct 2017Apply now