What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Community Fundraising Coordinator - Wellington | Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Community Fundraising Coordinator to join our team in Wellington.
Community Fundraising Coordinator
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 11,000 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
- Fantastic at relationship building?
- A great sales person?
- Calm and well-organised?
- Not scared to ask others for something in the name of a good cause?
- Able to work independently and travel from time to time?
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Community Fundraising Coordinator based in Wellington.
In this role, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of community fundraising events and campaigns in the Wellington area.
- Building relationships with community groups, schools, local businesses, event participants, etc.
- Promoting the work of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement to the wider communities in the region.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Experience in fundraising and promoting non-profits desirable
- Experience of managing multiple tasks to deadlines and prioritising own workload
- Demonstrable understanding of event marketing and achieving targets
- Experience of using databases and/or online fundraising platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently as part of a remote team
- Attention to detail
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Rachael Holderness, Community Fundraising Manager at New Zealand Red Cross Rachael.email@example.com.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
Applications close 12AM, Monday 26 October.APPLY NOW