What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Community Fundraising Coordinator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Fundraising Coordinator to join our team in Wellington.
Community Fundraising Coordinator (Wellington)
- Permanent, part-time position
- 22.5 hours per week
- Fantastic at relationship building?
- A great sales person?
- Calm and well-organised?
- Not scared to ask others for something in the name of a good cause?
- Flexible in your working hours?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Fundraising Coordinator working in our Wellington Service Centre as our current staff member is heading off overseas.
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 450 staff.
In this role some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivery of community fundraising events and campaigns in Wellington
- Building relationships with community groups, schools, local businesses, event participants, etc.
- Promoting the work of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement to the wider community
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Experience in fundraising and promoting non-profits
- Knowledge of volunteer-based community fundraising activities and techniques
- Experience in project and event management
- Experience of managing multiple tasks to deadlines and prioritising own workload
- Demonstrable understanding of event marketing
- Track record in achieving community fundraising targets
- Experience of using fundraising database and/or online fundraising platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Angela Calkin-Goeres, Marketing Manager at New Zealand Red Cross on (04) 494 1310.
Applications close: 25 Oct 2017Apply now