What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Community Programmes Coordinator - Palmerston North
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Programmes Coordinator to be based in Palmerston North.
Permanent - Part Time
Palmerston North Service Centre
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and circa 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Red Cross is looking for a Coordinator to support our Meals on Wheels programme in the Palmerston North Area. This role will work for 18.75 hours per week.
To succeed in this role you will need to be a highly organised person with an understanding and appreciation of community networks and the importance of volunteer services to the community.
Key objectives of this role are:
- Coordinate the local Meals on Wheels volunteer services
- Ensure this programme meets all New Zealand Red Cross policies and procedures
- Ensure the programme and its volunteers meet New Zealand Red Cross health, safety and wellness practices and expectations
- Monitor the programme and report data to the Manager as requested
- Ensure the programme is delivered such that it aligns with our strategic priorities and the NZRC Fundamental Principles.
We really want:
- Proven success coordinating a group, ideally volunteers
- Empathy, a strong passion for humanitarian causes and real commitment to our Fundamental Principles
- An organised, self-motivated person
- An ability to work in a multi-task and at times time constrained environment
- Demonstrated relationship building and communication skills.
Training and on-going support will be provided.
For further information contact Antoinette Stratford at: 027 629 2919.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
Applications close 5:00 pm on Tuesday 21 October 2019.APPLY NOW