What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Customer Care Team Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Care Team Consultant to join our team in Christchurch.
Customer Care Team Consultant (Christchurch City)
- Permanent, part-time position
- 12 hours per week
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 14,500 volunteers and 500 staff.
Reporting directly to the Education & Training Business Development Manager, the Customer Care Team Consultant will be responsible for making contact with current clients for a range of Red Cross products or services. The majority of calls will be made to ‘hot leads' that need a replacement part for one of our products.
You will need to be able to manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner. Following call centre "scripts" when handling different topics; and be able to identify customers' needs, clarify information, and research any issue while providing a solution.
We are flexible in when the hours are worked across a week, as long as they are within normal business hours.
- Provide sales calls for New Zealand Red Cross First Aid Training and Products.
- Perform assigned sales task activities (Contact lead; Create quotes, orders or bookings; Create opportunities for follow up and evaluate leads; Keep records of all conversations in our call Centre database in a comprehensible way).
- Maintain positive working relationships with all first aid training stakeholder's clients and participants.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Empathy with humanitarian causes.
- Previous experience in a customer support role.
- Ability to communicate clearly and resolve customer needs.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Relevant experience in a telephone sales environment; or show willingness and capability to excel the environment.
- A current motor vehicle driver's license is essential.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Michael Sharapoff at New Zealand Red Cross via email@example.com.
Applications close: 23 Mar 2018Apply now