What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Employer Liaison - Auckland
We have an exciting opportunity for a Employer Liaison to join the team at the Auckland Service Centre.
Auckland Service Centre
Maternity leave 12 months- November 2019 Start
Part Time role: 22.5 hours per week
The goal of Pathways to Employment is to assist refugee background individuals to find meaningful and sustainable employment and to be economically independent. Employment not only improves economic independence; it is also important to social well being and connection to New Zealand society.
The purpose of the employer liaison role is to grow the pool of employment opportunities for former refugees in the Auckland area, assist in preparing them for their job search and engagement in the New Zealand workforce appropriate to their previous experience and skills and ultimately, to facilitate successful employment. There is an expectation that work experience, internships and paid employment will be monitored for an initial period.
The role includes intensive, individualised work with both refugee background clients and potential employers.
In this role you will:
- Work with clients to achieve work experience, internships and paid employment
- Extend the network of employers and organisations willing to consider employing former refugees and offering work experience opportunities
- Source vacancies and obtain interviews for clients with employers to achieve employment outcome targets.
- Conduct individual and small group sessions with clients to develop effective strategic planning and employment seeking skills, an understanding of specific industry requirements and the priorities of employers from different sectors
- Network with employers and employment related organisations in the Auckland region
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Relationship Management and Sales skills
- Awareness of New Zealand employer priorities and familiarity with employment organisations and networks in the region
- Tertiary education in relevant field
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact John Rodgers, Manager Pathways to Employment at New Zealand Red Cross 027 8074974
Applications close Thursday 24 October 2019
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.APPLY NOW