What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Employer Liaison - Auckland
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employer Liaison to be based at the Auckland Service Centre.
Based at the Auckland Service Centre
Part Time role: 26 hours per week: Negotiable work pattern.
Work with a dynamic and motivated team who make a difference, ensuring former refugees have the opportunity to achieve their employment goals.
Full Drivers licence and ability to travel around Auckland required.
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 14,500 volunteers and 500 staff.
The goal of Pathways to Employment is to assist refugee background individuals to find meaningful and sustainable employment and to be economically independent. Employment not only improves economic independence; it is also important to social well being and connection to New Zealand society.
The purpose of the employer liaison role is to grow the pool of employment opportunities for former refugees in the Auckland area, assist in preparing them for their job search and engagement in the New Zealand workforce appropriate to their previous experience and skills and ultimately, to facilitate successful employment.
The role includes intensive, individualised work with both refugee background clients and potential employers.
In this role you will:
- Work with clients to achieve work experience, internships and paid employment and monitor when placed in employment for an initial period
- Extend the network of employers and organisations willing to consider employing former refugees and offering work experience opportunities
- Source vacancies and obtain interviews for clients with employers to achieve employment outcome targets.
- Conduct individual and small group sessions with clients to develop effective strategic planning and employment seeking skills
- Network with employers and employment related organisations in the Auckland region and get an understanding of specific industry requirements and the priorities of employers from different sectors
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Relationship Management and Sales skills
- Awareness of New Zealand employer priorities and familiarity with employment organisations and networks in the region
- Tertiary education in relevant field
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact John Rodgers, Manager Pathways to Employment at New Zealand Red Cross 027 8074974
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday, 24th November 2019APPLY NOW