What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Employer Liaison - Christchurch | Fixed-term
We have an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Employer Liaison to join our team in Christchurch.
Employer Liaison Pathways to Employment – Refugee Settlement Christchurch
Fixed Term 5 Months (0.8 FTE)
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employer Liaison in our Pathways to Employment programme working with former refugees and survivors of March 15, 2019 terrorist attack in Christchurch. The purpose of the employer liaison role is to grow the pool of employment opportunities for our clients in the Christchurch / region.
The role also includes intensive, individualised work with both refugee background clients, survivors of March 15 attacks and potential employers, supporting clients to gain employment.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you are able to demonstrate:
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
- Understanding of the refugee journey and common issues faced during the resettlement process
- Understanding of the impact of March 15 Terror attacks and how this may impact individuals and families.
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
- Awareness of New Zealand employer priorities and familiarity with employment organisations and networks in the region
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Appreciation of the benefits of diversity in workplaces
- Proven skills in recognizing and developing work readiness
- Ability to build client confidence and job search skills
- Tertiary education in relevant field (required)
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as CDANZ (desirable)
This is a part time (0.8 FTE) If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Melanie Douglas at New Zealand Red Cross 0274036058
Applications close at 5pm, Tuesday 3 August 2021APPLY NOW