What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Employer Liaison - Hamilton | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Employer Liason to join our team in Hamilton.
Permanent contract – Full Time
30 to 37.5 Hrs/Week depending on the candidate’s preference
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employer Liaison in our Pathways to Employment programme working with former refugees in the Waikato region.
The main purpose of this role is:
- Matching refugee background clients with sustainable employment opportunities,
- Including intensive, individualised work with both clients and potential employers, supporting clients to gain employment and in-work support.
- Networking and growing our pool of employers through relationship building.
- Guiding and supporting employer’s multicultural capability.
- Pastoral care for clients
We encourage you to apply for this role if you are able to demonstrate:
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
- Awareness of New Zealand work culture and employer’s expectations and the different industries in the Waikato area.
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Previous experience in CV review and creation
- Proven skills in recognizing and developing work readiness and an ability to build client confidence and job search skills
- High proficiency of written English
- Appreciation of the benefits of diversity in workplaces
- Understanding of the refugee journey and common issues faced during the resettlement process
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
- Tertiary education in relevant field – desirable
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as CDANZ – desirable
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen).
Applications close 5pm, 25 October 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Jessica King, Pathways to Employment Manager at New Zealand Red Cross email@example.comAPPLY NOW