What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employment Advisor in our Pathways to Employment programme working with former refugees in Invercargill.
Employment Advisor (Invercargill)
- Permanent, full time position
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and management of the Pathways to Employment programme and provide career assessment and advice to individual clients from refugee and vulnerable migrant backgrounds.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you are able to demonstrate:
- Ability to motivate, lead and support a team
- The ability to guide career planning
- Awareness of NZ employers' priorities and familiarity with employment sectors in the region
- Confidence in assessing work readiness and preparing individuals for job search activities
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of the refugee journey and common issues faced during the resettlement process
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
- Tertiary education in relevant field (required)
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as CDANZ (desirable)
- A language teaching/applied linguistics qualification (desirable)
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross on 027 512 1781.
Applications close: 30 Oct 2017Apply now