What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessor/Advisor to join our Pathways to Employment team in Wellington.
- Part time position (15 hours per week)
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessor/Advisor on our Pathways to Employment programme.
This position involves carrying out in-depth, client-centred career and employment assessment for individual clients in order to create an individual employment plan with recommendations and timeframes. The Assessor/Advisor also carries out English language assessments and makes referrals to other agencies and training providers based on the assessment and analysis of needs. The role requires establishing networks with key stakeholders in the employment and training/education sector and advocating on behalf of individual clients related to the progressing of the plan.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as CDANZ or TESOLANZ (desirable)
- A language teaching/applied linguistics qualification
- The ability to guide career planning and prepare individuals for job search activities
- Awareness of NZ employers' priorities and familiarity with employment sectors in the region
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility to attend meetings and orientation events in Wellington city
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Judi McCallum at New Zealand Red Cross on (04) 805 0308.
Applications close: 01 Mar 2018Apply now