What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
First Aid Instructor - Nelson
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual First Aid instructor to join our team Nelson.
About the Role:
Teach the public first aid. Instil in people calm, confidence and competence. Build people’s capability so they can cope with real medical emergencies when they happen.
Have fun sharing knowledge with people using Red Cross’s nationally recognised First Aid programme. Enjoy interacting with classrooms of people and receiving the positive feed-back that comes from people as they learn new, life-saving skills.
You will have (at least some of):
- The confidence to interact with a cross-section of the public;
- Availability for some weekend and evening work when required
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work unsupervised
- Full clean NZ Driver’s License;
- A background in Emergency Care Services or related Health field and/or experience in a Teaching environment.
The successful applicant must be physically capable to instruct in First Aid.
About NZRC and its culture:
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 500 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided;
- Learn Pre-hospital Emergency Care skills;
- Get out and see the Region;
Some travel will be required throughout the wider Nelson area.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information contact Craig Gribble at Craig.Gribble@redcross.org.nz
Applications via our on-line processes.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
Applications close 5PM, Sunday 23 August 2020.