What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
First Aid Instructor - Auckland | Part-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time First Aid Instructor to join our team in Auckland.
First Aid Instructor
Permanent Part Time Role
20 Hours per week
About the Role:
Teach the public first aid. Instil in people calm, confidence and competence. Build people’s capability so they can cope with real medical emergencies when they happen.
Have fun sharing knowledge with people using Red Cross’s nationally recognised First Aid programme. Enjoy interacting with classrooms of people and receiving the positive feed-back that comes from people as they learn new, life-saving skills.
Skills and experience:
You will have (at least some of):
- The confidence to interact with a cross-section of the public
- Availability for weekend and evening work when required
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work unsupervised
- Full clean NZ Driver’s License
- A background in Emergency Care Services or related Health field and/or experience in a Teaching Environment.
- The successful applicant must be physically capable to instruct in First Aid, ready to work in shift Across 7 Days.
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity, and Universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 500 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided;
- Learn Pre-hospital Emergency Care skills;
- Get out and see the Region; Travel will be required throughout the wider Auckland area.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. This is a casual role being advertised here. We are open to discussing your availability to fit our 7 day per week roster cycle - so we can offer flexibility to fit your lifestyle. This can be discussed in the interview.
For further information contact Peter Mountney at email@example.com.
Applications via our online processes.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 6 August 2021.APPLY NOW