What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
First Aid Instructor - Rotorua | Casual
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual First Aid Instructor to join our team in Rotorua.
First Aid Instructor - Rotorua
About the Role:
Teach the public first aid. Instil in people calm, confidence and competence. Build people’s capability so they can cope with real medical emergencies when they happen.
Have fun sharing knowledge with people using Red Cross’s nationally recognised First Aid programme. Enjoy interacting with classrooms of people and receiving the positive feed-back that comes from people as they learn new, life-saving skills.
Skills and experience:
You will have (at least some of):
- The confidence to interact with a cross-section of the public
- Availability for some weekend and evening work when required
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work unsupervised
- Full clean NZ Driver’s License
- A background in Emergency Care Services or related Health field and/or experience in a Teaching Environment.
- The successful applicant must be physically capable to instruct in First Aid, Rostered work of 7 days may include weekends and occasional evening work. Some occasional out of region travel possible.
About New Zealand Red Cross and its culture:
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 500 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided;
- Learn Pre-hospital Emergency Care skills;
- Get out and see the Region; Some travel will be required throughout the wider Rotorua area.Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
These are casual roles being advertised here. We are open to discussing your availability to fit our 7 days per week roster cycle - so we can offer flexibility to fit your lifestyle. This can be discussed in the interview.
For further information contact Dawn Braim, Dawn.Braim@redcross.org.nz.
Applications via our online processes.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen).
Applications close at 5pm, 1 October 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.APPLY NOW