What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Humanitarian Development Engagement Manager - Invercargill
We have an exciting opportunity for a Humanitarian Development Engagement Manager to be based at the Invercargill Service Centre.
Permanent - Full Time
New Zealand Red Cross is a member National Society of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), which is the world's largest humanitarian network. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with over 15,000 voluntary members and 500 staff and we have an exciting opportunity for a committed Humanitarian Development Engagement Manager to join our Humanitarian Development team in Invercargill.
The Humanitarian Development Engagement Manager is a key team member who works in partnership with the New Zealand Red Cross Southland Area Council, branches, groups, as well as communities, partners, and stakeholders to develop or deliver humanitarian action that is aligned with the mission, strategic priorities, and Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership to local members (volunteers), particularly regarding the delivery of agreed projects and activities.
- Empowering members and building relationships with communities or external organisations to create opportunities for humanitarian action in the area.
- Facilitating, developing, implementing, and evaluating local initiatives as well as acting as a coach and mentor for others to do good.
- Growing and diversifying New Zealand Red Cross’ membership, increasing local leadership, building partnerships, and fostering collaboration between stakeholders.
- Enhancing community resilience by utilising robust community engagement practices consistent with the Fundamental Principles.
- Ensuring a ‘one team’ approach in how we work with local staff and members involved in New Zealand Red Cross.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Empathy, a strong passion for humanitarian causes, and a commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
- Demonstrated people skills including good communication with individuals, groups and people from diverse backgrounds.
- A passion for and experience of working collaboratively with volunteers.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills (internally and externally).
- Demonstrated experience of being a “self-starter”, showing initiative, creating opportunities proactively.
- Personal resilience and self-awareness, with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Confidence to work respectfully and effectively within multicultural contexts, and include people of all abilities, gender identities and ages.
We welcome applications particularly from people with experience of working in provincial areas.
While based in Invercargill, the role is responsible for working with the Southland Area Council to oversee the Humanitarian Development portfolio across Southland so some travel will be required.
New Zealand Red Cross is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Peter Saba, National Humanitarian Development Manager at New Zealand Red Cross on firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
Applications close 5pm on 26 May 2019APPLY NOW