What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Humanitarian Services Coordinator - Timaru
This position supervises Red Cross community programmes delivered across the Region. The role facilitates some programmes and supervises small teams of volunteers.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position supervises Red Cross community programmes delivered across the Region. The role facilitates some programmes and supervises small teams of volunteers. The role is responsible to the National Humanitarian Development Manager for the delivery of New Zealand Red Cross (NZRC) humanitarian services and activities.
In this role you will:
- Support NZRC members to engage in humanitarian activity that address vulnerability and builds connection between those most vulnerable and their community
- Staff, members and volunteers are clear about their roles and what is required to succeed. All have the appropriate skills and competencies to perform their functions
- Appropriate levels of staff and volunteers are provided to implement local and national fundraising plans
- Reports on local budgets and plans are provided as required by the Manager
- All staff and volunteers (both Humanitarian Services and Social Enterprise) work as part of one united team, with good cooperation on joint projects and initiatives (e.g. Fundraising, Volunteer recruitment and recognition
- Build stakeholder relationships with communities and groups who are at risk of experiencing vulnerability (including youth, migrants, elderly)
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- A successful track record in NGO humanitarian service delivery or similar environments
- Good relationship, trust building and communication skills
- Ability to manage and support staff and volunteers
- Understanding of community development/empowerment
- Ability to manage risk, especially health and safety
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- Be enthusiastic and have the commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Carol Ball at New Zealand Red Cross (03) 339 3754
Read the full job description here
Applications Close: 16 Nov 2018APPLY NOW