What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Humanitarian Services Coordinator - Wairarapa
The Humanitarian Services Provider supervises New Zealand Red Cross community programmes delivered across the area. The role facilitates some programmes and supervises small teams of volunteers.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
This position will supervise NZRC Humanitarian services and activities delivered across the area and is responsible to the National Humanitarian Development Manager. The Humanitarian Service Coordinator works in partnership with local NZRC Area Councils, Branches and Groups. Utilising a community-led development approach, this role will facilitate and support communities, members and volunteers to develop or deliver humanitarian action that is aligned with the mission, strategic priorities and fundamental principles of New Zealand Red Cross.
In this role, the key areas you will be contributing to are:
- building stronger communities by strengthening community resilience which will enable communities to feel more connected, united and prepared for and to recover from disasters and emergencies
- supporting members, volunteers and communities to take leadership in developing local solutions to local needs
- overseeing or delivering on the successful operation of local humanitarian services
- supervising any direct reports at the service centre
- partnering with area councils, branches and groups to mobilise membership to deliver programmes, promote NZRC and raise funds
- ensuring all staff or members are aware and empowered to follow best practices in health, safety and wellbeing
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- A successful track record in NGO humanitarian service delivery or the community development sector
- Good relationship, trust building and communication skills
- Ability to support and empower staff, members and volunteers
- Understand of community and/or youth development/empowerment
- Sensitivity towards and ability to engage with people from different cultural, social and economic backgrounds
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Read the full job description here
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Jason Sebestian, National Humanitarian Development Manager, at New Zealand Red Cross firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW