What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
International Aid Worker
Use your skills and experience to make a difference with Red Cross in the Pacific and overseas.
International Aid Workers (Delegates)
- Fixed-term opportunities, variations durations (from one to 12 months)
New Zealand Red Cross recruits, trains and provides aid workers for international Red Cross development and humanitarian field operations.
Our aid workers are deployed overseas to provide humanitarian and development assistance through their technical expertise. They directly contribute to saving lives, alleviating suffering and maintaining human dignity on the front-line.
We are particularly interested in the following technical skill areas:
- Water and sanitation/WASH specialist and engineers
- IT&T specialists
- Development and recovery coordinators
- Disaster Management specialist
- Shelter and construction specialists
- Hospital and community health practitioners
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medical Logistics
- Laboratory Technicians
- Information Management
New Zealand Red Cross prioritises meeting the needs of our Pacific neighbours in emergency response or longer-term capacity building. As such, applicants with experience in Pacific Island communities or language skills will be of value. Beyond the Pacific, our focus is placed on meeting medical and health needs in situations of violence, armed conflict and complex emergencies.
Minimum requirements for consideration include the following criteria:
- A minimum of three to four years’ experience in area of expertise
- Must be a New Zealand citizen, or hold a permit for permanent NZ residency
- Previous humanitarian and/or cross-cultural experience
- Standard missions range from six to 12 months, with shorter missions of 2 – 8 weeks offered during emergency responses. Aid workers are employed by New Zealand Red Cross on fixed term contracts that cover salary, travel costs, all pre-deployment and post-deployment support, medical clearance and insurance.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Tracey Cumin, New Zealand Red Cross Delegate Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants MUST apply online and include a covering letter, curriculum vitae, and colour scan of your passport/ NZ residency permit.
Applications close: 30 April 2018