What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
International Programme Development Manager
We are seeking a strategic leader who is passionate about making a difference to people's live to join our National Office team.
We are seeking a strategic leader who is passionate about making a difference to people's lives.
As part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation, New Zealand Red Cross works to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
This role will suit someone with passion and experience in international humanitarian and development issues with a strong focus on disaster risk management.
Experience working in cross cultural environments especially in the Pacific, good people management skills and an ability to work collaboratively will see you succeed in this role.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement New Zealand Red Cross international programmes, including ensuring appropriate planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes are in place.
- Build and nourish strong functional relationships with key stakeholders, Red Cross national societies and key government counterparts.
- Establish a team culture that is outcome focused and empowers staff and partners.
- Design and seek funding for new projects that complement the New Zealand Red Cross International Strategy 2015-2018.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A successful track record of leadership and strategy development in humanitarian service delivery or similar environments, ideally working in international aid and development, community development, and disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
- A successful track record in designing and managing international development programmes across a range of sectors and geographies.
- An understanding of the challenges of diversity and inclusion, with a proven ability to create inclusive organisations.
- Financial literacy with successful track record of ensuring value for money, building sustainable funding streams and budget management.
- Ability to influence and create positive government level relationships.
- Experience in international community development preferred.
- A post-graduate tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferable, as is experience with Red Cross Red Crescent principles, methodologies and ways of working.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Katie Isaacs at New Zealand Red Cross: email@example.com.
To apply for this role or to view the job description, visit redcrosscareers.co.nz and enter the reference code: 3064346.Applications close 14 October 2016.