What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Malay or Rohingya speaking Resettlement Case Worker
We have an exciting opportunity for a Malay or Rohingya speaking caseworker to assist newly arrived families from refugee background with practical aspects of their initial resettlement.
Fixed Term (12 months)
In this role you will assist newly arrived families from refugee background with practical aspects of their initial resettlement; provide linkages to relevant mainstream and community-based services and organisations; and assist families to understand how things work in New Zealand and in and around their homes.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have experience in cross cultural service delivery and direct contact with families and individuals who are marginalized, preferably from refugee backgrounds.
- An excellent understanding of New Zealand systems and local services.
- Effective communication (including written) and relationships skills to network, establish and maintain effective partnerships.
- Empathy with humanitarian causes.
- A background in health, education or social services would be an advantage.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Jenny Pepworth, Client Services Team Leader at New Zealand Red Cross on (06) 351 0790 or Jenny.Pepworth@redcross.org.nz.
To apply for this role, please visit redcrosscareers.co.nz.
Applications close: 29 January 2018