What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Management Accountant - Wellington | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Management Accountant to join our team in Wellington.
The position of Management Accountant will provide a key financial link between Portfolio managers, their staff and Shared Services. This linkage will require the incumbent to have a good knowledge of the key drivers and operational issues associated with Portfolios. The Management Accountant is expected to provide insightful and practical financial and business support and information to respective Portfolio & Executive Leadership Team Managers. The Management Accountant team will work alongside the various teams as a Business Partner.
They will be involved in the training, coaching, supporting financial and business planning, monitoring and reporting. This will involve the preparation, distribution and review of monthly management information and reports, analysis and monitoring of financial and non-financial information, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and business cases.
- An accounting degree and professional qualification or similar.
- At least 3 years’ experience post qualifying
Experience and competence:
- Excellent communications skills with which to liaise with line managers in the provision of financial support and advice
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers
- An ability to analyse information and uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- A good understanding of accounting fundamentals and standards
- An understanding of financial software packages
- Good project management skills
- Good level of computer skills e.g., Excel
- Experience of managing multiple tasks to deadlines and prioritising own workload
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- can work flexible hours with some evening work
- Be enthusiastic and have the commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross.
About New Zealand Red Cross
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page, please click the active job description link below.
All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications close at 5pm on 30 July 2021.
You must have lived and have a right to work in New Zealand.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Maria Manaton at Maria.Manaton@redcross.org.nz.APPLY NOW