What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
National Migration Manager - Wellington
We have an exciting opportunity for a National Migration Manager to join our National Migration Team.
New Zealand Red Cross (NZRC) is a member National Society of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), which is the world's largest humanitarian network. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross is the lead provider of settlement of refugees in the community and we have an exciting opportunity for a National Migration Manager to join our National Migration Team.
Full Time - Permanent - WELLINGTON OR AUCKLAND
This role will be responsible for providing management and leadership support to the regional settlement teams at their specific locations. The role ensures each location is operating within best practice and in line with New Zealand Red Cross policies and procedures.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensure the delivery of migration programmes in each settlement location in line with best practice, policies and procedures, programme guidelines
- Provide clear and supportive leadership to staff to enable them to contribute to the direction of New Zealand Red Cross to their full potential
- Contribute to the national management team for planning, monitoring and evaluating of all migration programmes at a national level
- Maintain a relationship with the relevant refugee background community leadership and a close working relationship with Area Councils, ensuring that all plans and activities are aligned.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Empathy, a strong passion for humanitarian causes, and a commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
- Proven experience in a large not-for-profit or service delivery organisation, with a good understanding of the internal and external environments for such organisations in New Zealand
- Project management experience – at a national project scope level
- Change management experience – including national level, multiple staff, multiple stakeholders
- A successful track record of leadership in large NGO humanitarian service delivery or similar environments, ideally working with vulnerable migrant groups
The role is responsible for working at a national level so some travel will be required.
New Zealand Red Cross is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds particularly those who have lived experience of the resettlement journey.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Rachel O'Connor, General Manager Migration at New Zealand Red Cross on email@example.com
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
Applications close on Sunday 1 March 2020.APPLY NOW