What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Red Cross Shops need hundreds more volunteers this holiday season
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- COVID-19 Place of Interest : New Zealand Red Cross Shop Greerton Tauranga
- Kitset cabins and collegial connections
- Be Good and Ready in an emergency
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Pathways to Settlement Manager - Wellington | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Pathways to Settlement Manager to join our team in Wellington.
Wellington Refugee Settlement Programme
Pathways to Settlement Manager (Social Worker) – Fulltime
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager and Social Worker to lead our Pathways to Settlement programme in Wellington.
The Pathways to Settlement Manager is a Senior Social Worker who provides direct management to Settlement Case Workers, Settlement Cross Cultural Workers and the Volunteer Programme Lead. Additionally the position oversees provision of client support and ensures safe practice. The Pathways to Settlement Manager contributes to development of social work and settlement work within the service. The Pathways to Settlement Manager is responsible for building and maintaining networks with service providers in the community sector and ensuring referral routes into mainstream service providers.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have a tertiary social work qualification
- Hold full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board or near completion.
- Can demonstrate strengths-based social work and cross-cultural understanding
- Have relevant experience in social work
- Have proven experience of the ability to network and build positive working relationships
- Have recent experience in managing a team of people from a variety of disciplines
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen).
Applications close 5pm, 13 December 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Tim O’Donovan at New Zealand Red Cross firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW