What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Project Coordinator - Auckland
We have exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to help build stronger communities across Auckland.
- Fixed Term 12 months - New Zealand Red Cross Auckland Ready Project
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Join New Zealand Red Cross and help build stronger communities across Auckland! New Zealand Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. At the core of our organisation are our 7 fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
In this role, you will lead the development and roll-out of New Zealand Red Cross’ ‘Auckland Ready’ initiative, which aims to enhance community resilience and disaster preparedness throughout Auckland.
This project involves training and mentoring community groups, businesses and individuals in Auckland to be better prepared for disasters, and developing a pool of trained people to assist during times of emergency. This is your chance to make a real difference to communities throughout Auckland.
You will be a strong project and relationship manager, and will have an understanding and appreciation of community networks, volunteer management and stakeholder relationships. This role involves actively planning, managing and reporting on the project, and ensuring that all implementation is on track.
The key objectives of this role are:
- To successfully manage, monitor and report on the project and ensure its ongoing sustainability
- Liaise between staff, members, stakeholders and communities
- Manage and provide vital support to key volunteers involved in delivering this project
- Engage with diverse communities throughout Auckland to ensure wide ranging participation
- Work closely with our Auckland Emergency Management partners to ensure alignment with Civil Defence initiatives.
Some of what we’re looking for includes:
- Proven successful project management experience
- Empathy, a strong passion for humanitarian causes and a commitment to our Fundamental Principles
- Experience in scaling up projects or working with volunteers
- An organised and motivated self-starter
- An ability to work in a multi task and time constrained environment
- Demonstrated relationship building and communication skills
Download the full job description here
Applications close on Friday, 22 March 2019. For more information, please contact email@example.comAPPLY NOW