What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Psychological First Aid Facilitator - Nelson
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual Psychological First Aid Facilitator to join our Mental Health and Wellness Facilitator team.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual Psychological First Aid Facilitator to join our Mental Health and Wellness Facilitator team. Reporting directly to the National Business Development Manager, the Psychological First Aid Facilitator will be delivering the Red Cross Mental Health and Wellness programme across the upper South Island region. This role may be of interest to registered professionals, or groups, looking for delivery-based contract work.
The Red Cross Mental Health and Wellness programme has been providing training to New Zealand Red Cross staff and volunteers since 2014. This training ensures skills, based on a recognised framework, are provided to those who will provide the most lasting support within a community or organisation (depending on the context).
During 2016, and with the support of the Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management, New Zealand Red Cross has adapted the training to target a wider audience; specifically offering it as a commercial product for anyone who might require it to support their role.
This role will ensure the delivery of high-quality training sessions and will contribute to the on-going learning and development of the Mental Health and Wellness programme across the upper South Island region.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification or experience in psychology, social work or mental health and be able to demonstrate:
- Self-management skills, flexibility, resourceful and independent, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated recovery program and team-oriented environment
- Facilitation skills in diverse adult learning environments
- Competence in a variety of adult learning and facilitation techniques
- Computer literacy, especially in Microsoft 365 and Office, and be able to adapt to the introduction of smart technologies like cloud-based rostering and delivery platforms.
- Ability to confidently engage participants in course content and respond to questions/discussions appropriately
- Ability to plan, deliver, and reflect upon training sessions
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to travel to deliver training as required
- Ability to work weekends when required
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- A commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross
- A current motor vehicle driver’s licence is essential
Applications for this role close at 5 pm, 22 February 2019.
Read the full job description here
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW