What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Refugee Settlement Volunteer Coordinator
We have an exciting opportunity in our Pathways to Settlement programme for an experienced coordinator of volunteers.
The purpose of the Volunteer Coordinator is to recruit volunteers and support them during their placement with refugee families and individuals. This includes individual and group meetings with volunteers, and regular support through phone and email contact. The Volunteer Coordinator is also responsible for working with the client team to coordinate tasks, record progress, and ensure that clients are well supported.
Preferred: Tertiary education in relevant field – social sciences, development studies, public health.
The appointee would be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working as a volunteer and/or with volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of refugee settlement in NZ or other relevant cross cultural experience
- Ability to build, sustain and actively manage relationships and networks
- Understanding of NZ systems of social support and government e.g. Work and Income, Education, Health
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently
- Ability to relate to people of different cultures and religious backgrounds
- Reliability, honesty and a sense of humour
- Ability to deal with stress whilst retaining energy and enthusiasm
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office Suite
About New Zealand Red Cross:
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications close at 5pm, 28 February 2020.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Shweta Prasad at New Zealand Red Cross Shweta.Prasad@redcross.org.nzAPPLY NOW