What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Resettlement Case Worker
We have an exciting opportunity for a Resettlement Case Worker/Cultural Advisor to support former refugees in Dunedin.
Resettlement Case Worker (Dunedin)
- Full time, fixed-term
- June 2017 - October 2017
This position will work alongside Dunedin social workers, caseworkers, and volunteers to assist former refugee families in their resettlement.
In this role you will:
- Provide generalist casework services to newly arrived refugee families from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Provide language and cultural support alongside resettlement case workers and social workers as required.
- Assist with the orientation programme in the community.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies and ensure effective linkages are made.
- Contribute to opportunities for raising public awareness of the refugee experience.
- Provide a cross cultural perspective to the wider Red Cross team.
- Advocate for refugee clients in the New Zealand social context.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of resettlement work in New Zealand Red Cross.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
For further information about the role please contact Christelle Burger at New Zealand Red Cross on (03) 477 1527 or Christelle.Burger@redcross.org.nz.
Applications Close: 07 April 2017