What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Retail Assistant - Invercargill | Part Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Retail Assistant to join our team in Invercargill.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 10,000 volunteer members and approx 550 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
25 hours per week with some flexiblity over 7 days. Based at our Invercargill Retail Shop. This position will require a commitment to some weekend work.
This position reports to the Shop Coordinator and is responsible for assisting with the coordination of the daily operational needs of the Red Cross Shop.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Scheduling drivers daily tasks
- Customer queries on the phone and shop floor
- Promoting/Driving Sales
- Cash Management
- Shop Presentation
- Stock Management
- Volunteers Adherence to the Health, Safety and Wellness and Hazards Policy
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have (at least some of):
- Experience in cash handling, cash management, and retail shop operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a sales environment
- Experience working as, or with, volunteers
- Skills in dealing with customers
- Enthusiasm and commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross; Self-motivation and a positive and friendly approach; Reliability and work with integrity.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Owing to the nature of our work in the Community, we undertake a Police vet check or MOJ records check on all new hires.
If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Applications close 5PM, Monday 13 July 2020.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
We only accept applications through Seek or New Zealand Red Cross Career Website.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. This is a Permanent- Part Time role being advertised here.Apply now