What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Sales and Account Consultant - Auckland | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sales and Account Consultant to join our team in Auckland!
New Zealand Red Cross believe every human life is precious and each of us has the power to save a life. Our world-leading training equips people with the skills and confidence needed to prevent suffering, save lives, and create more resilient communities. Red Cross are proud to be a world leading first aid training provider. We train over 23 million people around the world each year, 71,000 in New Zealand in the last financial year.
Our catalogue of products and services now includes:
- First aid courses delivered to over 65,000 people around the country – via face to face, online and app-based learning options;
- An all-new range of modern first aid kits and products – including injury-specific kits, painless plasters, and bio-hazard clean-up kits;
- A new suite of mental health and well-being courses – endorsed by the Mental Health Foundation.
A key part of our First Aid Training Team are our Account Consultants, who we rely on to build and maintain our corporate relationships with our valued client base – including some of New Zealand’s biggest and most well-known companies. About the role:This role is based in Auckland, and responsible for servicing clients in the top half of the North Island (I.e. Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty).
You will be part of our team of four Account Consultants throughout the country – one in both Christchurch and Wellington, and two in Auckland.
Essentially, your role is to support and expand our first aid B2B business in the top half of the North Island. Our offerings are strong, but our market share is not yet what it should be in the northern region. There is an excellent opportunity to make a real impact. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salary of $65,000 + commission on achieved targets
- Company car
- Mobile phone
- Innovative range of products and services to sell
- Established client base – with huge potential for growth
- Supportive, people-focused team
- The chance to work for one of world’s most trusted organisations!
To be successful in this role you will need to possess three key qualities:
- Be relentlessly customer focusedWe believe our growth and continued success as a business is inextricably linked to our ability to truly understand our clients’ needs, then develop and deliver products and services that meet those needs. We make our decisions (big and small) based on what will work best for our clients’ – we need you to do the same.
- Be an independent problem-solverWhile you will have the power of the Red Cross organisation and brand behind you, this Auckland-based role requires you to work remotely from your line manager and most of the sales team. You will also be working face to face and digitally one-to-one with current and potential clients. It is crucial that you are confident in delivering fantastic customer service without a support network at hand.
- Be tech-savvy and a fast learner!We work with an ever-expanding range of CRM, design, client portal, shared workspace, online booking and purchase platforms. You absolutely need to be technologically competent, with experience in most of these areas – and the ability to pick up new IT-based skills quickly.
About New Zealand Red Cross and its Culture:
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen).
Applications close 5pm, 1 October 2021
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Carol Gardiner at email@example.com.APPLY NOW