What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Senior Community Fundraising Coordinator - Christchurch | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a fill-time Senior Community Fundraising Coordinator to join our team in Christchurch.
Senior Community Fundraising Coordinator
- Make a positive impact to help people in need
- Plenty of variety and autonomy in the role; opportunity to bring your creativity!
- Building meaningful relationships with community groups, schools, local businesses & volunteers
New Zealand Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. The New Zealand Red Cross have more than 14,500 members and 500 staff, working to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
Every day the New Zealand Red Cross work to help New Zealanders – from providing a hot meal, a safe drive to the hospital, education programmes at local high schools, refugee programmes, restoring family links, first aid training to disaster management.
New Zealand Red Cross is looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised ‘people-person’ with proven relationship building and community engagement capabilities and exceptional communication skills. Reporting to the Community Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of national and localised fundraising activities in the South Island region.
Your duties will include:
- Developing and reviewing the annual community fundraising plan for the Canterbury and wider South Island region
- Coordinating and delivering community fundraising events, campaigns and national appeals
- Building meaningful relationships with community groups, schools, local businesses, volunteers and event participants
- Building a portfolio of supporters (donors and volunteers) and growing the net annual fundraising income for the region
- Promoting the work of Red Cross and the International Red Cross Crescent Movement
- Managing peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns and motivating members of the public
- Supporting part time Community Fundraising Coordinator in Christchurch
This is a permanent full-time position ideally based in Christchurch. Other South Island locations will be considered for the right candidate. There will be an expectation to travel within the South Island (excluding Marlborough-Tasman). A full and clean NZ driver’s license is essential.
To be considered for this role, you will be proactive with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and can demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. This role has plenty of autonomy and scope to manage your own workload and be highly creative!
- Experience in events marketing
- Experience in relationship building with a diverse variety of groups
- A track record in achieving targets and KPI’s
- Efficient and highly organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including negotiation skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, bring people on the Red Cross journey
- A friendly, genuine and positive disposition
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite to complete daily work tasks
- Empathetic with humanitarian causes
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online.
Applications close 5pm, 2 July 2021
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.APPLY NOW