What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Settlement Case Worker - Auckland
We have an exciting opportunity for a Settlement Case Worker to be based at the Auckland Service Centre in Manukau.
Based in Manukau
This position will work alongside the Auckland social worker, caseworkers and volunteers to assist the new families in their resettlement.
In this role you will:
- Provide generalist casework services to newly arrived refugee families from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Provide language and cultural support alongside resettlement case workers and social workers as required
- Assist with the orientation programme in the community
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies and ensure effective linkages are made
- Contribute to opportunities for raising public awareness of the refugee experience
- Provide a cross cultural perspective to the wider Red Cross team
- Advocate for refugee clients in the NZ social context.Contribute to the ongoing development of resettlement work in NZRC
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Are a former refugee
- Have fluency in preferably Arabic and/or Dari and English languages
- Are able to relate to, support and negotiate with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds
- Have a good understanding of the New Zealand system and local social services
- Have knowledge of confidentiality and privacy act practices
- Have knowledge and experience of the refugee journey and resettlement experience
- Have advanced computer skills, including Excel, Word, email and database systems
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have excellent oral, listening and written communication skills
- Are enthusiastic and have the commitment to work as a team member of NZRC
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Celia Brandon at New Zealand Red Cross 021 228 2059
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 25th September 2019APPLY NOW