What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Settlement Cross Cultural Worker - Blenheim
We have an exciting opportunity for a Settlement Cross Cultural Worker to support the Colombian community members who arrive in Blenheim through the refugee quota.
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
Through the provision of both cultural and linguistic support this position will work alongside the Blenheim social workers, caseworkers and volunteers to assist the new families in their resettlement.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that refugee families are able to communicate in the NZ environment.
- Facilitate understanding of NZ society for refugees, and the culture of the refugees for those supporting them in NZ.
- Ensure that appropriate linkages are made to service providers.
- Advocate for refugee clients in the NZ social context.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Speak Spanish and English with a proficiency of at least Intermediate level
- Can provide competent and accurate cross language support both verbally and written
- Have knowledge of confidentiality and privacy act practices
- Have knowledge and experience of the refugee journey and resettlement experience
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Kim Palmer at New Zealand Red Cross 027 3678269.
To view the job description and download an Application for Employment form, please go to our website: www.redcross.org.nz.
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form.
Applications close 5pm, 17 April 2020.APPLY NOW