What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- 2011 Canterbury Earthquake 10-year Anniversary Survey: Understanding the Recovery Journey
- “Red Cross is always there”
- Visitor Care Manaaki Manuhiri: “The support removed my financial and mental stress”
- The perfect system
- Napier flood: Finding a warm, dry and safe place
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Settlement Cross Cultural Worker - Inverargill | Casual
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual Settlement Cross Cultural Worker to join our team in Invercargill.
Invercargill Spanish Speaking Settlement Cross Cultural Worker
Casual position available
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organization in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organization with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Settlement Cross Cultural Worker to support the Colombian community members who arrive in Invercargill through the refugee quota.
Through the provision of both cultural and linguistic support this position will work alongside the Invercargill social workers, caseworkers and volunteers to assist the new families in their resettlement.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that refugee families are able to communicate in the New Zealand environment.
- Facilitate understanding of New Zealand society for refugees, and the culture of the refugees for those supporting them in New Zealand.
- Ensure that appropriate linkages are made to service providers.
- Advocate for refugee clients in the New Zealand social context.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Speak Spanish and English with a proficiency of at least Intermediate level
- Can provide competent and accurate cross language support both verbally and written
- Have knowledge of confidentiality and privacy act practices
- Have knowledge and experience of the refugee journey and resettlement experience
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Gavin Booth at New Zealand Red Cross 027 6447327
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form.
Applications close at 5pm, 04 December 2020