What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Settlement Cross Cultural Worker - Nelson
We have an exciting opportunity for a Spanish speaking Settlement Cross-Cultural Worker to join our team in Nelson.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position will provide the bridge between the New Zealand host community and the new arrivals through both cultural advice and linguistic support.
In this role, you will:
- Provide language support for refugees who speak Spanish and are from Colombia to communicate with Red Cross staff and volunteers
- Provide cross-cultural interpretation and information
- Assist with the orientation programme in the community
- Contribute to opportunities for raising public awareness about refugees from Colombia
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Good interpreting skills
- Good written skills and ability to document work with clients
- Good listening skills and understanding of the role of the professional helper
- Excellent liaison and communication skills
- Advocacy skills
- Be a team player as well as work independently
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- Be enthusiastic and have the commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Chandra Dahal, Settlement Lead at New Zealand Red Cross 0272280057 or Barbara Whitaker, Pathways to settlement Manager, New Zealand Red Cross, Nelson.
All applications must be submitted online before 5pm, 7 June 2020.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.APPLY NOW