What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Shop Coordinator- Christchurch, Manchester Street |Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Shop Coordinator to join our team at the Manchester Street in Christchurch.
Permanent Full Time Role (Tuesday to Saturday Preferable)
Based at our Manchester Street Shop, Christchurch.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shop Coordinator based at our well-located shop in Manchester Street Shop, Christchurch.
This position is responsible for maximising of sales and profitability of the shop, through effective management of stock, volunteers and customers. This includes the provision of a learning environment for volunteer staff. This is a great opportunity to take the lead in a busy retail shop that supports the Red Cross movement.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Team Leadership and Management
- Coordinating and Training Volunteer Staff
- Shop Sales - meeting agreed targets
- Merchandising/Promotion/Social Media
- Cash/Finance Management
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have (at least some of) these skills:
- A minimum of two years' experience in either a management or supervisory role
- Knowledge of systems involved with retail stock management including stock rotation and displays
- Experience in cash handling, cash management, and retail shop operations
- Experience working in a retail situation
- Experience/interest in working with volunteers.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 11,000 volunteers members and 500+ staff. Our Retail shops are a key support for the wider organisation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
If you want to know more about the position, please email Terry Perriman, Retail Regional Manager - Southern, at email@example.com. However, please use our on-line applications process to make application.
Applicants for this position must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. Owing to the nature of our work in the Community, we undertake a Police vet check or MOJ records check on all new hires.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 9 August 2021.APPLY NOW