What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- In New Zealand
- Community programmes
- Disaster risk management
- First Aid courses and education
- International humanitarian law
- Meals on Wheels
- Migration programmes
- Restoring Family Links
- Red Cross Parcels
- COVID-19: We are in this together
- New Zealand Red Cross Youth Engagement Strategy
- Red Cross Appeal 2021
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Supporter Care and Database Assistant - Wellington | Fixed-term
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time, fixed-term Supporter Care and Database Assistant to join our team in Wellington.
Supporter Care and Database Assistant
Fixed-Term, Part-Time, Parental Leave Cover, 6 months
Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This role is required to support in the response of supporter care and fundraising enquiries enabling us to provide exceptional supporter experience to all New Zealand Red Cross supporters. The role is also required to process and fulfil incoming donations in response to fundraising appeals.Key responsibility areas:
- Provide an exceptional supporter experience in all communications, including emails, queries, phone calls, voicemails and complaints communications within 24 hours of receipt.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records, using Raiser’s Edge, electronic and paper records, and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Provide a professional and empathetic approach when engaging with our supporter base to ensure supporter satisfaction is met.
- Contribute to New Zealand Red Cross’ fundraising goals and overarching strategy through excellent supporter care practices.
- Process incoming donations in response to our fundraising appeal letters.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Customer service experience is essential.
- Experience in fundraising or call centre environment is desirable.
- Managing multiple tasks and projects to deadlines and prioritising own workload.
- Ability to follow and implement organisational policies and contractual requirements relevant to the fundraising sector.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of database (Raiser’s Edge) and data management is desirable.
- Superior interpersonal skills including ability to interact and engage with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Clare Davis, Supporter Care and Database Manager at New Zealand Red Cross on 027 406 4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form.
Applications close at 5pm, 05 March 2021.APPLY NOW