What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Supporter Care Liaison - Wellington | Fixed-term
We have an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Supporter Care Liaison to join our team in Wellington.
Supporter Care Liaison
Fixed Term – Full Time, July 2021 to February 2022
Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position is responsible for further developing and implementing supporter care initiatives to retain donors and provide excellent donor care.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to New Zealand Red Cross’ fundraising goals and overarching strategy through excellent supporter care practices.
- Provide an exceptional supporter experience in all communications, including emails, queries, phone calls, voicemails and complaints communications within 24 hours of receipt.
- Continue building and carrying out a donor engagement programme including, but not limited to: acknowledgement of change of details, sharing impact and insight building.
- Implement donor retention strategies including, but not limited to, cancellation request calling, thank you calling and lapsed supporter outreach.
- Carry out donor reactivation initiatives including, but not limited to, lapsed supporter outreach and contacting direct mail supporters whose addresses are no longer valid.
- Build and maintain a tracking system for project outcomes and outputs.
Build and adapt Raiser’s Edge (national fundraising database) Querying and Exporting processes linked to the projects.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Customer service experience is essential.
- Proven track record in a sales/target-driven, fundraising or call centre environment is essential.
- Managing multiple tasks and projects to deadlines and prioritising own workload.
- Sales or marketing background to assist in the development and implementation of retention and reactivation strategies within the Supporter Care and Database team is essential.
- Highly numerate, with experience in financial spreadsheets and financial reconciliations
- Experience of database (Raiser’s Edge) and data management is desirable.
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form
Applications close 5pm, Friday 6 August.APPLY NOW