What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Training Team Lead - Nelson
We have an exciting opportunity for a Training Team Lead to be based in Nelson.
Permanent - Full Time
About the Role:
Teach the public first aid. Instil in people calm, confidence and competence. Build people’s capability so they can cope with real medical emergencies when they happen. And, lead your team of local Instructors doing this valuable community work.
Have fun sharing knowledge with people using Red Cross’s nationally recognised First Aid programme. Enjoy interacting with classrooms of people and receiving the positive feed-back that comes from people as they learn new, life-saving skills.
We are seeking to appoint a Training Team Lead first aid instructor, who will co-ordinate and lead a team of motivated instructors delivering a range of excellent Red Cross first aid courses. The position is based in Nelson. Some travel will be required from time to time.
Full induction and training will be provided, with the position holding responsibility for the delivery of first aid training (within the area specified and the national framework) including planning, delivery, quality management, logistics and evaluation.
The appointee will qualify as a First Aid Instructor and will teach on many of our courses, and will take a lead role in ensuring that:
- All Instructors within the team are qualified to teach at the appropriate level and meet all requirements for ongoing professional development and continued certification as an instructor;
- Rostering of Instructors is well managed at all times;
- Instructors are well supported to ensure that we provide an enjoyable and innovative learning environment.
Skills and experience:
You will have (at least some of):
- The confidence to interact with a cross-section of the public and to lead a small team of colleagues;
- Availability for some weekend and evening work when required;
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to work unsupervised; and team-leadership skills;
- Full clean NZ Driver’s License;
- A background in Emergency Care Services or related Health field and/or experience in a Teaching environment.
The successful applicant must be physically capable to instruct in First Aid.
About NZRC and its culture:
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with some 10,000 volunteers and 450 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Learn Pre-hospital Emergency Care skills
Get out and see the Region; Some travel will be required throughout the Tasman Region.
This is a Full Time (37.5 hours per week) role being advertised.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information contact Craig Gribble at: 0272408789. All applications via our website please.
Applications close 5:00 pm on Monday 21 October 2019. (We reserve the right to extend this deadline if necessary).APPLY NOW