What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- In New Zealand
- Community programmes
- Disaster risk management
- First Aid courses and education
- International humanitarian law
- Meals on Wheels
- Migration programmes
- Restoring Family Links
- Red Cross Parcels
- COVID-19: We are in this together
- New Zealand Red Cross Youth Engagement Strategy
- Red Cross Appeal 2021
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Training Team Lead - Wellington Based | Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Training Team Lead to join our team in Wellington.
About the Role:
New Zealand Red Cross is a highly respected organisation that improves the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience. Red Cross’s nationally recognised First Aid programme helps people learn new, life-saving skills by instilling calm, confidence and competence.
The Training Team Lead role will manage a team who are doing valuable work in the community, building people’s capability so they can cope with real medical emergencies. The position interacts with diverse groups of people in the classroom, and is part of a closely knit national team of managers.
The appointee will qualify as a First Aid Instructor (full induction and training provided), and will take a lead role in ensuring that instructors are:
- Qualified and certified to teach at the appropriate level;
- Provided with adequate training and professional development;
- Rostered appropriately and effectively; and
- Well-supported to provide an enjoyable and innovative learning environment.
Skills and experience:
You will have:
- Team leadership and management skills
- The confidence to interact with a diverse cross-section of the public and to lead a team of colleagues
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- A background in emergency care or related health field and/or experience in a teaching environment would be an advantage
- Availability for some weekend and evening work when required
The successful applicant must be physically capable to instruct in First Aid and have a full clean NZ driver’s license.
About New Zealand Red Cross and its culture:
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with some 10,000 volunteers and 500 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This is a Full Time (37.5 hours per week) role.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
This is a Full Time (37.5 hours per week) role. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information contact Craig Gribble, National Training Manager, at 027 240 8789. All applications should be submitted via our website please.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 7 March 2021.APPLY NOW