What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Van Driver/Storeperson - Auckland | Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Van Driver/Storeperson to join our team in Auckland.
Permanent - Full Time
Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position is responsible for the smooth co-ordination of the weekly collections, deliveries and stock movement needs of the Auckland (Greater Auckland Area).
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Collections/ Deliveries
- Stock Management
- Repairs and Maintenance as necessary
- Transfer Station/Rubbish Runs
- Carry our Red Cross Obligations
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Hold a full, clean New Zealand driver's license.
- Have experience with driving: a background in driving as a courier, truck driver, buses or similar would be helpful.
- Have experience in building or repair/maintenance work.
- Have good physical strength - there will be heavy lifting involved in this role.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Are able to mix and work with a wide range of people
Applications close 5PM, Sunday, 27 September 2020.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
We only accept applications through Seek or New Zealand Red Cross Career Website.
Applicants for this position should have Full NZ Drivers Licence, NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Owing to the nature of our work in the Community, we undertake a Police vet check or MOJ records check on all new hires.