What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Van Driver/Storeperson - Tauranga
We have an exciting opportunity for a Collections and Deliveries Driver / Stock Administrator, based from our Cameron Road Retail Shop in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty.
Permanent - Part Time
Cameron Road shop
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position is responsible for the smooth co-ordination of the weekly collections, deliveries and stock movement needs of the Auckland Red Cross Shops.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Heavy lifting
- Stock Management
- Repairs and Maintenance as necessary
- Transfer Station/Rubbish Runs
- Carry our Red Cross Obligations
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Hold a full, clean New Zealand driver’s license
- Have experience with driving: a background in driving as a courier, truck driver, buses or similar would be helpful
- Have experience in building or repair/maintenance work
- Have good physical strength - there will be heavy lifting involved in this role
- Have a friendly and helpful attitude with excellent communication skills
- Have good time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Are able to mix and work with a wide range of people
- Ability to carry out physically demanding work including heavy lifting and manoeuvring is essential.
Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
Applications close 5PM on 21 October 2019APPLY NOW