What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Volunteer Coordinator and Programme Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator and Programme Administrator for the new Refugee Resettlement Programme in Invercargill.
Volunteer Coordinator and Programme Administrator (Invercargill)
- Permanent, part-time position
- 30 hours per week
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
The purpose of the Volunteer Coordinator is to recruit volunteers and support them during their placement with refugee families and individuals. This includes individual and group meetings with volunteers, and regular support through phone and email contact.
The Volunteer Coordinator is also responsible for working with the client team to coordinate tasks, record progress, and ensure that clients are well supported. The Volunteer Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the resettlement team.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Experience leading and supporting volunteers
- Experience as a champion of volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of refugee resettlement in NZ, or other relevant cross cultural experience
- Ability to build, sustain and actively manage relationships and networks
- Efficient administration skills
- Reliability, honesty and a sense of humour
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross on 027 512 1781.
Applications close: 30 Oct 2017Apply now