What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Volunteer Coordinator - Invercargill
We have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator to be based at the Invercargill Service Centre.
Permanent - Part Time
Invercargill Service Centre
The purpose of the volunteer coordinator is to recruit volunteers and support them during their placement with refugee families and individuals. This includes individual and group meetings with volunteers, and regular support through phone and email contact. The Volunteer Coordinator is also responsible for working with the client team to coordinate tasks, record progress, and ensure that clients are well supported.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Volunteer supervision
- Volunteer recruitment & assistance with training
- Partnership, networking and public awareness
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Knowledge and understanding of refugee resettlement in NZ, or other relevant cross cultural experience
- Experience working as a volunteer and/or with volunteers
- Ability to build, sustain and actively manage relationships and networks
- A relevant tertiary qualification – social sciences, development studies and or public health
- Reliability, honesty and a sense of humour
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience. New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Darren Frazer 027 2522906
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
Read the full job description here
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 22 September 2019APPLY NOW