What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Volunteer Team Leader / Trainer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Team Leader / Trainer to join our team in Invercargill.
Volunteer Team Leader / Trainer (Invercargill)
- Permanent, full time position
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced adult educator who has proven team leadership experience.
The role provides management and leadership to the volunteer team including volunteer trainers and supervisors. The role is responsible for the recruitment and training of refugee support worker volunteers. The role at times also includes providing supervision and support to volunteers working with families.
In this role you will:
- Recruit, train and support volunteers
- Provide direct line management and leadership to volunteer team staff
- Manage the quality and development of the volunteer programme including budgetary and reporting requirements
- Contribute to the national volunteer team working teams
- Contribute to public awareness, networking and partnership opportunities
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Tertiary education in a relevant field - adult education is preferred
- Experience as a team leader with staff management
- Proven successful experience working with volunteers
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross on 027 512 1781.
Applications close: 30 Oct 2017Apply now