What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Volunteer Trainer -Nelson |Part-time
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Volunteer Trainer to join our team in Nelson.
Refugee Settlement Programme, Nelson
Permanent Part Time (22.5 Hours/Week)
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Pathways to Settlement programme for an experienced trainer of volunteers.
The purpose of the volunteer trainer is to ensure that prospective volunteers are well trained and have the capability and knowledge to meet the requirements of their volunteer placement with a refugee family or individual. The trainer is responsible for the preparation, implementation, monitoring of and reporting about the training programme and for ensuring that all participants meet the required standards. The position works closely with the volunteer supervisor(s) to recruit and place volunteers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Prior experience in teaching adults
- Attention to detail, flexibility and able to multi task
- Preparing time tables, guest speakers and materials for the training programme and ensure they are up-to-date and relevant
- Volunteer Recruitment & running the Training
- Work with the volunteer team regarding placement and co-ordination and supervision of volunteers supporting new families
- Partnership, Networking and Public Awareness
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- Knowledge and understanding of refugee resettlement in NZ, or other relevant cross cultural experience
- Experience working as a volunteer and/or with volunteers
- Ability to build, sustain and actively manage relationships and networks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Presentation and confident public speaking skills and public speaking experience.
- Reliability, honesty and a sense of humour
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen).
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
Applications close 5pm, 24 September 2021.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Barb Whitaker at email@example.com.APPLY NOW