What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Cross for Red Cross
Do what you like to fundraise for Red Cross! Cross a national park, cross live to friends or family, cross the harbour, cross the street to new neighbours, cross town to hold a movie night, cross something off your bucket list - anything you like! Cross for Red Cross and get people to support you.
If the traditional marathons and triathlons aren't your thing, you can 'Cross For Red Cross' - make up an event to suit you! Cross for Red Cross is an easy and accessible fundraising platform providing you with lots of flexibility - to organise a ‘crossing’ event or activity that you can tailor to your own age, culture, talents and abilities. Talk to friends, family, fellow club/group/class members about joining you. It can be as small or as big as you like. Then get people to sponsor you, with all the proceeds donated to Red Cross.
Here are some ideas:
- Cross the river/lake/harbour/island
- Cross the playing field (young kids might enjoy this activity!)
- Cross live to family and friends for a special occasion
- Cross over to a new world of gastronomic delights
- Cross the city/town to hold a movie night
- Cross the street to welcome new neighbours
- Cross the tree tops
- Cross stitch
- Cross something off your bucket list
- Crossword marathon
Think about how you prefer to collect donations – either face-to-face, online, or a combination of both.
- Face-to-face: Use a sponsorship form for people to fill out. You'll need to send us their contact details if they want a receipt from us.
- Online: Set up a page on either Give a Little or Every Day Hero. Give a Little works well for individuals. If you want to set up a team page, where each team member has their own profile to raise money themselves, then use Every Day Hero.
- On Give a Little, create your own page under https://givealittle.co.nz/org/redcross.
- On Every Day Hero, create your team under http://teamred.org.nz/event/redcrosschallenge
Hints and Tips
- The more novel your Cross for Red Cross activity is, the greater potential there is for media coverage – which helps to build your fundraising total.
- If your own activity works well one year, talk to others about joining you the next year to make it bigger and better. Or challenge another business, class or group to do the same. Have fun, knowing you’re helping to make a difference in the lives of people in need.
For more information, contact your local Red Cross.